Monday, January 25, 2010

The New Year

Enjoying my favorite, butternut squash (1.25.10)
Feeding myself!

The first time I got in my crib after I learned to lift my self up to standing. I decided to, of course, stand up in my crib! Daddy had to lower my mattress (again!) right away, so there was no nap for me (1.1.10).

Kate & John visit!! (1.10.10)

Hanging out in my highchair, where I eat some big girl food a few times a day.
1.11.10

In my play area/baby cage, that I love by the way, I always climb up mommy, daddy & the walls!
I am a future rock climber (1.11.10).

Independent play. 1.22.10

1.12.10

1.12.10

In the beginning of 2010, we returned from Little Rock and had a week of readjusting to life with Isla's new tricks/skills. We also had to adjust to having less help/not being around family anymore. We ALSO had to adjust to me starting work. Luckily all was well with a few minor hiccups. For instance we thought, hey this girl goes everywhere now, maybe we need to figure this out & pronto. We got a nice play yard for Isla, which we call the "baby cage," fondly. It is a nice, big eye sore in our living room where Isla can sit and crawl and climb and play. She LOVES it. It is fun to get in there with her and play. That is when she decides it is time to climb mommy & daddy. Once she climbs up face to face, she gives us lovely, wide mouthed kisses all over our faces, including nose & chin. Very cute. Kate & John came to visit our first weekend back, and it was SOOOOO lovely to hang out with them. We played banana grams and had lots of coffee, great conversation & food. A perfect weekend if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment