Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November in Chicago!

Look out Second City, here I come...

Fun times with Mommy, Louise, Sara, Gina & Noni

Sleeping, finally, In Dan's arms: out for Chinese with the family

Afternoons with Noni

Ready to go! Let's do this.

Christmas decorations abound

Supervising the pizza making at Louise's

With My Mom

I love these ladies!

With my Nona!!

Shuffling around here & there with the ladies.

With my Noni!

Just relaxing at Noni's
Coffee shop chatting

Four Generations of Latanzi/Ugolini/Longinotti/Dansby Women

Isla and I had the spontaneous opportunity to go and visit Noni, my moms' mother, Isla's great-grandmother, in early November. We met Isla's Nona there and Isla had the wonderful opportunity to meet a lot of her extended family on my side. It was such a fun and special time. We stayed with Noni and got to see lots of Aunt Louise. We had relaxing mornings at Noni's and lots of coffee shop time to catch up and talk. We had some delicious home cooked Italian meals thanks to Louise's yummy generosity. And, we are not ashamed to say that we spent a lot more time than usual in a splendid Chi-town shopping mall. We spent some special time with my cousin Joe's youngest daughter, Gina. What a lovely little girl (and such a lovely name...) We had breakfast at a pancake house that reminded me SO much of being in Chicago as a child, out with Noni & Grandad for pancakes. Isla's first real brunch outing & she was a rockstar just looking all around and entertaining herself while we ate.
We had a family dinner, out for Chinese, with Noni, Louise, Kim, Dan, Miya and Danny, and with Mark & Xiaoli and her sweet son. This was our first time meeting both Xiaoli and her son, and it was such a pleasure. Isla stayed out past her bedtime a few nights this week, which was exciting & tiring... Dan finally got her to sleep while out for Chinese one night, after much entertainment from family, new times sitting in a highchair, & the enchantingly expeditious & animated Chefs of the restaurant.
It was such a special week for me with my mom, for me with Noni, and for Isla with Noni- I think they both really took to one another. Plus, let me not forget to mention that it was Isla's first time to fly! That was a big adventure in itself, and oh so interesting for Mommy... Also Isla's first time away from her Dad, and there was much missing going on from both ends. Thanks for having us family!

No comments:

Post a Comment